This is a great summer BBQ dish that goes well with some grilled potatoes and a fresh salad.
Total Time: 3 hours + 2 hours marinating
2 – 5″ x 11” Hickory Grilling Planks
1 rack Baby Back Pork Ribs
1 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
3 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
2 Tbsp. Black Pepper
½ cup Tomato Paste
½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
½ Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
If you have time, marinating the meat for 24 hours will make for more flavorful and tender results.
- Remove any membrane from the ribs and divide into 2 even-sized pieces by cutting down the center parallel to the bones.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Liberally cover the ribs in ¾ of the marinade, reserving the rest for later. Cover the ribs and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Soak the planks in warm water for 15 minutes, and preheat the grill to 500°F.
- Set the ribs on the planks, curved side up. Place the planks on the grill, close the lid and turn the heat down to low. Let the temperature slowly drop to about 250°F. If using a charcoal grill, set over indirect heat.
- Cook the ribs at this temperature for 2 ½ hours. Baste with the remaining sauce and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Cut the ribs into single pieces and serve immediately.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.