Hickory smoke paired with BBQ sauce makes for some delicious meatballs!
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 Shallot or Small Onion, diced
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Italian Parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. each Kosher Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup BBQ sauce, divided (we like this Huckleberry BBQ Sauce)
After placing the meatballs on the plank press down on the them slightly, this will help prevent them from rolling off during cooking.
- Soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes and preheat the grill to 400°F.
- Place the ground beef in a mixing bowl and add the garlic, parsley, shallot, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and 2 Tbsp. of the BBQ sauce. Mix well to combine.
- Roll the beef mixture into 2 oz. balls and place them on the plank, pressing down slightly.
- Set the planks on the grill and baste with BBQ sauce.
- Cook with the lid closed for 15 minutes or until you reach an internal temperature of 155°F, basting with more sauce every 5 minutes.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.