We decided to add some Northwest Alder flavors to this seafood dish that features classic Thai Red Curry components.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 5″ x 11″ Alder Plank
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Mahi Mahi
- 1/2 Lb. Shell on Shrimp
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Tbs. Ginger, grated
- 1 Carrot Sliced
- 1 Tbs. Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Lbs. Mussels
- 1/2 Lbs. Clams
- 1 Dash Fish Sauce
- 2 Tbs. Cilantro, chopped
Discard any mussel and clam shells that fail to open. If any of these shellfish are dead before cooking they will not open and should not be consumed.
- 1. Soak the plank in warm water for 15 minutes and preheat grill or oven to 400°F.
2. Toss the mahi mahi and shrimp in oil and fish sauce, set on the plank.
3. Cook for 15 minutes or until done.
4. On the stove top saute the shallot, garlic, ginger, carrot and curry paste for 3 minutes, stirring often over medium heat.
5. Add the coconut milk, with 1/2 a cup of water, the mussels and clams. Cover with a lid.
6. When all the shells have opened ladle the soup into bowls, top with the mahi mahi, shrimp and cilantro.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.