This is a grill friendly, summer taco recipe with flavors that work great together.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 Alder Grilling planks
- 1 Dozen Shrimp
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Green Apple, diced
- 1 Jalapeño, minced
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- 2 Tbs. Cilantro, chopped
- Pinch each Salt & Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Lime
- 1/4 Cup Cotija Cheese
Remove the jalapeno seeds and pith for a milder salsa. Toss the diced apples in lime juice immediately after cutting to avoid discoloration.
- Soak the Alder Planks in warm water for 15 minutes
- Preheat oven or grill to 400°F
- Combine, apples, lime juice, bell peppers, cilantro, jalapenos, salt and pepper.
- Toss teh shrimp in a little olive oil and some lime juice, season with salt
- Place shrimp on plank grill 8-12 minutes or until done
- Remove from grill
- Briefly warm the tortillas, top with the shrimp, salsa and cheese