Beer and sausage grilled on an open fire, need I say more? We used the D’Artagnan Game Sausage Sampler, which is a great way to try a variety of flavors. Their sampler includes 5 flavors: Duck & Armagnac, Lamb Merguez, Rabbit & Ginger, Venison & Cherry, and Wild Boar.
We cooked these on the Arteflame One Series 40″ Grill, which is big enough to cook for a very hungry group!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 Alder Grilling Wraps
- 1 Beer
- 4 Sausages
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- A Variety of Mustards
- 1 Baguette
- Olive Oil
Soak and roll the wraps ahead of time and refrigerate for hassle-free grilling
- Pre-heat the grill to 400°F and soak the Alder wraps in beer for 10 minutes.
- Place a sausage and some shallots on each wrap. Roll up and secure with twine
- Place the wraps on the grill grates. Cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until done.
- Slice the baguette and brush with a little olive oil.
- Toast the baguette slices lightly on the grill.
- Unwrap the sausages and serve with the toasted baguette and a selection of mustards.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.