Inspired by Vietnamese flavors, these chicken wings are the perfect combo of sweet, sticky, and savory.
Total Time: Active Time 30 minutes
Servings: 4-6 people
- Cherry Grilling Planks
- 2 lbs. Chicken Wings
- 8 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup Fish Sauce
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Sambal
- Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp crushed Peanuts
To make a tasty dipping sauce, prepare some extra marinade and reduce it to your desired consistency on the stove top while the wings are cooking.
- Whisk together the garlic, fish sauce, sugar, sambal, and a few good cracks of fresh ground black pepper.
- Pour this marinade over the chicken wings and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight. A ziplock bag works great for this.
- When ready to cook, preheat grill to 400˚ F.
- Soak grilling planks in warm water for about 15 minutes.
- Place the marinated chicken wings onto the grilling planks, covering as much of the plank as possible. Really nestle them in there together in a single layer.
- Cook on the grill with the lid closed for 25-35 minutes or until the wings start to brown and get some nice color on top.
- Remove from the grill and garnish with cilantro and crushed peanuts.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.