Brussel Sprouts – you either love them or you hate them! Turns out the haters change their tune when you add bacon, cheese and some maple smoke.
Total Time: 1 hour
- ½ cup Maple Smoking Chips
- 4 oz. Whole Dates
- 8 slices Bacon
- 2 lbs. Brussel Sprouts
- 1 ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Tbsp. Pepper, or more to taste
Buy dates that still have the pit inside, they’re a little more work, but pack a lot more flavor.
- Preheat the grill or oven to 400°F.
- Cook the bacon in the oven until crispy, set aside to cool.
- Prepare a cold smoker with maple smoking chips.
- Place the dates in the cold smoker and smoke for at least one hour.
- Trim off the ends of the brussel sprouts and remove any discolored leaves. Slice thin and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add the cream, cheese, salt and pepper to the bowl and stir well to combine.
- Place the mixture into a cast iron pan.
- Cook uncovered on the grill or in the oven for 35 minutes, or until sprouts are cooked and the edges of the pan have browned.
- Garnish with chopped bacon and chopped smoked dates.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.