The Hippie Gold rub is a blend of fragrant turmeric, rosemary, and thyme. These flavors go great with a classic roasted chicken and the golden color adds a nice visual too.
Total Time: 1 hour
- ¼ Cup Hippie Gold Rub
- 1 Whole Chicken, giblets removed
- 8-10 Baby Potatoes
- 3 Whole heads of Garlic, tops removed
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
If you are in a hurry, preheat the cast-iron skillet to speed things up a little.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rinse the bird and pat dry.
- Brush the bird with a little olive oil to help the seasoning stick.
- Cover the entire chicken with the rub and ensure that all external areas are well covered.
- Toss the potatoes and garlic in a little oil and season with salt.
- Place the chicken in the center of cast iron skillet, nestle the potatoes and garlic around it.
- Set the skillet in the oven and roast for about an hour. Check if it’s done by inserting a thermometer in the thickest part of the leg, it’s ready when the chicken reaches an internal temp of 165°F.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.
Used in this recipe:
Hippie Gold Spice Rub