Fresh flavors are always welcome! This salmon/chipotle/mango combo is straight fire!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. Salmon, cut into 4 portions
- 4 Cherry Grilling Wraps
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Lime, zest and juice
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
For the Mango Salsa
- 3 Mangos, diced
- 1 red Bell Pepper, diced
- 2-3 Persian Cucumbers, chopped
- ⅓ cup Red Onion, diced
- 1-3 Jalapeños, minced
- ½ cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
This mango salsa recipe makes a generous 3ish cups. Don’t be surprised if you’re eating it by the spoonful!
- Preheat oven or grill to 400˚ F.
- Prep the Mango Salsa by tossing all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Taste and add salt, more jalapeños, lime juice, etc. as suits your taste. Cover and chill in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Whisk all the salmon rub ingredients together in a medium bowl. Toss your salmon portions into the marinade and toss to coat evenly. For best flavor, allow the salmon to hang out in the marinade for 15-30 minutes.
- Soak the grilling wraps in warm water for a few minutes until they become pliable.
- Set up your work station by laying out pieces of twine underneath each grilling wrap before placing one portion of salmon into the middle of each grilling wrap. Make sure the long side of your salmon portion is aligned with the grain of the wrap.
- Secure each wrap around each salmon portion, and tie it up. Place directly on the grill and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the internal temp of the salmon reaches 140˚-145˚F.
- Remove from the grilling wrap and serve with the fresh mango salsa.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.