This dish is easy to prepare, adds color to any meal, and tastes fantastic with the addition of Red Oak flavor.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Red Oak grilling planks
- 1 lb. Carrots (We used heirloom rainbow carrots)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- Thyme sprigs
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
If you can get your hands on some rainbow carrots they’ll make this dish even more impressive and colorful.
- Soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes, and preheat the grill or oven to 425°F.
- Peel and cut the carrots in half lengthwise, set aside.
- Melt the butter and stir in the honey.
- Add the honey mixture to a mixing bowl with the carrots, salt and pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Place the carrots on the grilling planks and add the sprigs of thyme.
- Cook on the grill or in the oven for 10 minutes, making sure the carrots retain a little firmness.
- Serve immediately.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.