Making a perfect steak is something to brag about when it comes to grilling. Getting it just right between perfectly cooked, yet juicy and tender can be quite the feat. The Red Oak planks are perfect for a juicy, flavorful steak that doesn’t dry out easily. If desired, after the steak is cooked on the plank, put it onto the grill directly for 10 seconds on each side for some beautiful grill-marks.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 Wildwood Grilling 5x11″ Red Oak Planks
- 2 Large Steaks
- 1/2 cup Butter, Room Temperature
- 1 Garlic Clove, chopped
- 1 tsp. Rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp. Thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp. Sage, chopped
- 1 tsp. Chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. Parsley, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Soak Red Oak Plank in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Put butter, chopped herbs and salt and pepper into blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Spread roughly a teaspoon of the herb and butter mix on the top of each steak and then sprinkle steaks with salt & pepper and place on planks.
- Place on grill for 10-15 minutes or until done.
- Serve with the herb butter sauce on the side.