We decided to use the more subtle smoke flavor of Alder planks for this simple, all-vegetable recipe. The fresh vegetable flavors really shine through for a delicious main or side dish. Take your grilled vegetables to the next level with Alder smoke and protect them from direct flame.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 3 as a side
- Wildwood Grilling 5x11″ Alder Plank
- 4 Carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 4 Sweet Mini Peppers, halved lengthwise
- 8 Asparagus Spears
- 1 Shallot, thinly sliced
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Soak the Alder plank in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill or oven to 400°F.
- Brush the vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on plank and place on grill.
- Grill for 10 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the grill, and serve as a side or a main dish over rice.