Inspired by the classic Christmas cocktail, Hot Buttered Rum, we made it Wildwood style by substituting Bourbon and smoking the butter. We also took it a step further by adding some smoke for an impressive visual presentation.
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 oz Maple Smoked Butter (see previous recipe)
- 10 tsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 dash Cinnamon, ground
- 1 dash Nutmeg, ground
- 1 dash, All Spice, grnd
- 1 dash Vanilla Extract
- 20 fl. oz. Bourbon
- 2 cups Hot Water
If you don’t have a smoking gun, you can smoke the empty glasses by setting them upside down over some smoldering chips for a couple of minutes before filling with the cocktail ingredients. The same effect can be achieved by scorching a wood plank with a blow torch and setting the glasses upside down over the scorched area. For technique check out our plank smoked Mojito.
- If available, load a smoking gun with cherry smoking chips. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Place sugar, ground spices and vanilla in the glasses and muddle.
- Add the hot water and stir to dissolve.
- Evenly distribute the bourbon.
- Add the smoked butter and stir to melt. If using a smoking gun, blow smoke into each glass and top with a coaster or small grilling plank to seal. Remove the top and add a slice of the smoked butter to serve.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.