We served stuffing in mini pumpkins, which makes for such a fun presentation and perfect individual portions.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 Cherry Grilling Planks
- 4 Mini Pumpkins (4 – 6” diameter)
- 1 Carrot, peeled
- 1 Onion, peeled
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- ½ to 1 cup Chicken, Turkey, or Vegetable Stock
- 3 cups Bread, torn or cut into pieces
- 4 Large Sage Leaves
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
If available, use a variety of miniature pumpkin shapes and colors.
- Soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes and preheat the grill or oven to 400°F.
- Cut the carrot, onion and celery to a small dice and add to a saute pan with the butter.
- Gently cook the vegetables until softened and the onions are translucent.
- While the vegetables cook, use a paring knife to create a zig zag pattern around the top of each pumpkin.
- Pull the tops off and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Reserve the pumpkin tops.
- When the vegetables are cooked, remove from the heat and add the bread, rosemary, salt and pepper to the pan.
- Moisten with the stock until the bread is no longer dry. You may not need all the stock.
- Divide the stuffing evenly and fill each pumpkin loosely. Top with a sage leaf and the pumpkin lid.
- Set the pumpkins on the grilling planks and place on the grill or in the oven.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes, or until the pumpkins are tender.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.