Arctic char is related to both salmon and trout and tastes somewhere between the two. Delicate and flaky with a nice thin skin, char is definitely worth a try!
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Alder Grilling Plank
- 4 4-6 oz Arctic Char fillets
- 4 oranges or tangerines
- 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Champagne Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp minced Parsley or Dill
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Soak grilling plank in warm water for ~15 minutes. Preheat your grill to high heat, in the neighborhood of 400˚F.
- Supreme all the citrus, including the lemon. Check out the link in the chef’s tip for help on this step. Place all the citrus segments and any squeezed juice into a bowl.
- Pour off about 2 Tbsp of juice from your citrus bowl and whisk together with the honey and 1 Tbsp oil. Pour this marinade over your fish and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- While the fish is marinating, add the champagne vinegar, herbs, a pinch of salt, and the remaining oil into the bowl with your citrus. Stir and taste for seasoning. Set aside.
- Place the char fillets onto your soaked alder plank. Cook on the grill with the lid closed until cooked through ~ 15 minutes.
- Serve the fish over greens, topping generously with the citrus mixture.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.