Turmeric adds a lovely earthy note which goes great with the cod and aromatic Cedar.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 Cedar Grilling Wraps
- 2 – 6-8 oz. Cod Loins
- 1 Zucchini
- Olive Oil
- 4 thin slices of Lemon
Seasoning Blend (you will have some leftover)
- ½ Tbsp. Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. coarse Salt
- ½ Tbsp. dried Rosemary
- ½ Tbsp. dried Thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- ½ Tbsp. Turmeric
- ½ Tbsp. Black Pepper
Cutting the zucchini will be easier if you have a mandolin. If you don’t, a sharp knife will work just fine.
- Preheat the grill or oven to 400°F and soak the wraps in warm water for several minutes.
- Combine all the seasoning blend ingredients and set aside.
- Pat the fish dry and lightly oil, season all over with the spice mixture. Don’t use all of the spice mixture, you will have extra remaining.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise to form 8-10 slices thin slices. The slices must be thin enough to wrap around the fish. If they are too stiff, they can be blanched in hot water or microwaved for 30 seconds to soften.
- Carefully wrap the zucchini slices around the cod and set the fish on the plank, seam side down, with 2 slices of lemon under each piece.
- Set the plank on the grill or in the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until you reach an internal temp of 125°F. Serve immediately.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.