Vinegar based marinades are delicious and don’t require much time to get the job done.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Cedar Grilling Planks
- 2 boneless, skin-on Chicken Breast halves
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 4 large pieces Sun-dried Tomato
- 8 Basil leaves
- Coarse Salt and Pepper
If available use skin-on chicken breasts to add a crispy texture and protect the stuffing during cooking.
- Lay the chicken on a flat surface and pull back the skin to expose the top of the breast, leaving the skin connected.
- Coming in on the thicker top side of the beast, use a sharp knife to create a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Fill each pocket with 2 pieces of sun-dried tomato and 4 basil leaves, or enough to fill the pocket.
- Pull the skin back over to cover the stuffed area.
- Combine the vinegar and oil in a bowl and add the chicken.
- Refrigerate and let the chicken marinate until the grill or oven is ready.
- Preheat a grill or oven to 400°F and soak the plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Place the chicken breasts on the soaked plank and season with salt and pepper.
- Set the plank on the grill or in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until you reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Allow the chicken to rest before slicing.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.