This recipe is loaded with vitamins and has a focus on immune system boosting ingredients. It is a quick, affordable meal you can make at home using cedar planks. I used smaller planks to do individual portions which made for a great presentation. Large planks will do just fine too.
Total Time: 45 minutes
For the fries
- 2 large Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
For the burgers
- 2 – 15 oz cans Cannellini Beans
- 1 cup frozen Corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen Peas, thawed
- 1 Red Pepper, diced small
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- Burger toppings like: grilled onion, tomato, lettuce, mustard, etc.
I used Cannellini beans but any variety of canned bean will work. Use what you have on hand.
- Soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes and preheat a grill or oven to 450˚ F.
- Start with the potatoes. Wash and dry them, slice them lengthwise, then cut into sticks to fit your planks. Toss in a little oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pop your fries onto your soaked planks and set the planks on the grill or in the oven. Cook until they are well roasted and cooked through, about 30 minutes depending on the thickness.
- While the potatoes cook, make the burgers. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Use a potato masher or whisk to lightly crush the mixture a little. The crushing of the canned beans will act as the binder for the patties.
- Form the bean mixture into 8 even portions and use your hands to form thick patties. If they don’t hold together, smash the mixture a little more.
- Place the patties on the cedar planks and set on the grill or in the oven with the potatoes. Cook until heated through and slightly toasty looking.
- Toast some buns or serve in lettuce wraps with your favorite burger toppings and fries on the side.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.