We all know cedar and seafood are an ideal match, and this recipe is no different. The bright flavor of the cedar grilling plank really compliments the briny taste of fresh oysters, and it smells great too!
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Cedar Grilling Planks
- 12 medium to large fresh Oysters
- 3 oz Butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh chives, chopped
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- Dash of Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tsp. each Kosher salt and pepper
- ¼ cup Panko Bread crumbs
An oyster knife is essential to successfully and safely shuck fresh oysters. A towel is also an important piece of equipment to help grip the oyster and protect your hand from the knife.
- Preheat the grill to 425°F and soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine the softened butter with lemon, chives, Worcestershire, tabasco, salt, and pepper.
- Shuck the oysters by inserting the tip of an oyster knife into the hinge of the shell and twist to break the seal. Remove the top shell and discard. Release the oyster from the muscle at the base but leave it in the shell.
- Lay the oysters on the planks and top each one with the butter. Sprinkle on bread crumbs.
- Set the planks on the grill and cook with the lid closed for 15 minutes. The oysters should be firm to the touch and the breadcrumbs should look toasted.
- Serve immediately in the shells with lemon slices
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.