One of the reasons I love pizza is the versatility! Whether you like pepperoni and black olives, or fresh mozzarella with tomatoes and basil – you can make the pizza exactly to your liking. Even the pickiest of eaters will find toppings to their taste. That’s why we kept this recipe pretty simple. All you need is a couple Cedar planks, pizza dough and the toppings of your choice. Not only does the Cedar plank add a wonderful flavor to the dough, it’s also a great presentation.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 – 5 x 11” Cedar Planks
- 1-pound Pre-made Pizza Dough
- 2 Tbs. Olive oil
- Your favorite pizza toppings
Cut and serve the pizza right
on the plank. It will add a
beautiful, rustic presentation.
- Soak Cedar Planks in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces and form/roll into 5×11” rectangular crusts.
- Brush both sides of each crust with olive oil.
- Carefully place the oiled pizza dough on pre-heated grill. Close lid and cook for 2-3 minutes until it easily releases from the grate. Flip over and repeat.
- Remove pre-grilled crust from the grill.
- Place pre-grilled crust on the plank and top with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Place the planked pizza on the grill and close the lid.
- Cook with the lid closed until fully cooked – 10-15 minutes.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Remove from grill and let stand for 3 minutes before cutting.