A truly delicious summer dessert. Grilling your stone fruit on a plank keeps all that tender flesh in tact and departs a wonderfully savory smoke characteristic into your dish.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Cedar Grilling Plank
- 4 Plums, quartered
- 1Tbsp Honey
- 10 sprigs of Lavender (8 reserved for garnish)
- Ice Cream
- 1 pint Raspberries
- 8 Mint sprigs
Feel free to swap out any fresh stone fruit you have on hand for the plums.
- Soak grilling plank for 15-30 minutes in hot water.
- Preheat grill to 450° F.
- Place plums on soaked plank, drizzle with honey, and sprinkle with the flowers from 2 sprigs of lavender.
- Place plank on the grill and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Scoop ice cream into bowls, top with warm plums, raspberries, reserved lavender sprigs and mint.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.