This method is a great way of keeping the original shape of cheese while infusing some more Cedar flavor.
Leave the Cedar Wrap on the cheese to serve and enjoy while hot!
- Soak the wrap in warm water for several minutes and soak the plank for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill or oven to 400°F.
- Remove the foil packaging from the Boursin cheese and tear or cut two 2” wide strips from the Cedar wrap.
- Wrap the Cedar strip around the cheese and secure with twine. Insert one of the rosemary sprigs between the cheese and the wrap.
- Set the other rosemary sprig on the plank and top with the cheese. Place on the grill for 15 minutes with the lid closed.
- Remove the plank from the grill and garnish the plank with walnuts and cranberries.
- Serve with crackers.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.
Matt worked his first kitchen job in the country of Malta at the age of 15. He has worked as a restaurant Chef in Arizona, Maine, Spain, the UK, Oregon and finally North Idaho. Now the Executive Chef at Wildwood Grilling, he thoroughly enjoys his day job.