Cherry wood shares the same flavor as the fruit and works wonderfully with a variety of fresh fruit. We used pineapple and included a whiskey sauce to assure this recipe is Father’s Day worthy!
We grilled this dessert up on the Pit Boss 820D Pellet Grill and the wood pellets combined with the Cherry plank gave the pineapple a deep smoky flavor.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 5″x11″ Cherry Grilling Planks
- 1 Fresh Pineapple
- 1 cup and 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 shot Whiskey
- ⅓ cup Heavy Cream
The caramel sauce can be made in advance and reheated before serving, to make this dessert even easier!
- Soak the planks in warm water for 15 minutes and preheat the grill to 450°F.
- Peel and core the pineapple.
- Cut the pineapple in half and cut into 1″ thick slices.
- Place the pineapple slices on the planks and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. of sugar.
- Set on the grill and cook with the lid closed for 12 minutes.
- To make the sauce, add 1 cup of sugar to a saute pan and cook on a low heat until melted and caramel colored.
- Quickly whisk in the whiskey and stir until dissolved. Add the cream and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce on the planked pineapple to serve.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.