These lettuce wraps make a light, but satisfying meal. The flavorful, slightly spicy salmon gets its flavor from Gochujang, a Korean chili paste that you can find at most grocery stores or online.
Total Time: 2.5 hours (includes marinating time)
- 2 Cedar Grilling Planks
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice, cooked
- 4 – 6 oz. portions Salmon
- 1 Tbs. Gochujang chili paste
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- ½ Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- Drizzle Olive Oil
- 1 head Lettuce
- 4 Green Onions, sliced
- Small bunch Cilantro
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts
- 2 Chilis, sliced
- 1 Lime
- Hoisin Sauce
This platter is designed for sharing, so you can custom make each wrap to taste!
- To make the marinade, combine the gochujang with the soy sauce, garlic and oil.
- Place the salmon in a shallow pan and cover in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill or oven to 450°F and soak the Cedar plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash the lettuce and tear off as many whole leaves as you can.
- Cut the cucumber into sticks and give green onions, chilies, and cilantro a rough chop.
- Place the lettuce on a large platter and add the green onions, rice, cucumber, bean sprouts, cilantro and chilis.
- Add the planked salmon and serve with hoisin sauce and lime wedges.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.