A delightfully smoky twist on a classic winter warmer.
Total Time: 30 min
- Maple Smoking Chips
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Orange
- 2 Tbsp Cloves
- 4 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 Tbsp Star Anise
- 4 Tots of Whisky
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar or Honey
- Hot Water
Mix up a big batch and bring it on your winter adventures in a thermos to keep warm!
- Set up a cold smoker or smoking gun with the maple smoking chips.
- Slice the lemon and orange into ½” thick slices. Cut the slices to make half circles.
- Stud the orange slices with a few cloves each.
- Place the orange, lemon, cloves, cinnamon sticks and star anise in the smoker. Smoke for 30 minutes at a temperature between 65˚F and 85˚F. Set aside to cool.
- To make the Toddy, place a ½ tbsp sugar or honey in each cup. Add the hot water and whisky, stir to dissolve.
- Top each cup with a smoked lemon, orange, and cinnamon stick. Sip immediately!
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.