This Cedar Planked zucchini caprese salad is the perfect side dish to create for any summer gathering. With beautiful produce you don’t need to spend a lot of time fussing over the details, let the veggies do the work!
Total Time: 25 min
Servings: 6 as a side
- Cedar Grilling Plank
- 2-3 Zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 2-3 Tomatoes, sliced
- 1 log Mozzarella, sliced and then halved
- Olive Oil
- S & P
- Fresh Basil
Look for heirloom tomatoes at your local farmer’s market.
- Slice your tomato, zucchini, and mozzarella all to the same approximate size.
- Cook one side of the zucchini in a hot sauté pan with olive oil until it is starting to brown. Set aside. This step can be done up to 3 hours ahead of time.
- Soak your grilling plank in hot water for 15-30 minutes.
- Alternate the zucchini, tomato, and mozzarella on the plank. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Plank for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with basil and serve immediately.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.