These Alder wrapped scallops not only taste delicious with their sweet and savory flavor infused with the subtle smokiness of Alder wood, they also add a beautiful presentation. Perfect for a get-together, grilling wraps are easy to use and keep your food moist while adding delicious smokey flavor. They are also perfect for protecting delicate foods like fish, seafood and vegetables from direct flames on the grill.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 8 Alder Grilling Wraps
- 24 Sea Scallops
- 1 cup Fresh Cranberries, chopped
- 1 Fresh Orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tbs. Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Good to Know
Alder is a Pacific Northwest favorite
with its delicate, earthy flavor and a
hint of sweetness. Alder’s subtle,
all-purpose smokiness pairs especially
well with halibut and other white fish,
seafood, vegetables and fruit.
- Soak the Alder Wraps in water for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven or grill to 400°F.
- Gently toss cranberries, orange, thyme, brown sugar and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Fill Alder wraps with cranberry mixture, parallel to the grain of the wood.
- Top cranberries with scallops; season with salt and pepper.
- Fold edges of the wrap toward each other and secure with twine.
- Place wraps on the grill or in the oven; Cook for 10 minutes.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!