Our friends over at Feed The Party sent us some of their filet mignons and Lane’s Signature BBQ rub. To keep things simple, we decided to try these planked on Red Oak (for a delicious, nutty smoke flavor) with only the rub they provided. And they were amazing! The rub added a tasty flavor profile that paired well with the Red Oak smoke, and the filet mignons were moist and juicy. 10 out of 10.
To add a special touch
to this recipe, wrap the
filet mignons in bacon.
- Soak the Red Oak plank in water for up to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Rub filet mignons with BBQ rub.
- Place filet mignons on plank and add plank to preheated grill.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on desired doneness. (Generally for a 1-inch thick filet mignon, 10-12 minutes for medium rare, and 12-15 minutes for medium. Times may vary.)
- When done, remove from grill and serve.