Jazz up your ho-hum burgers by topping them with a perfect sweet, summer caprese. YUM!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Alder Grilling Planks
- 1 ⅓ lb. Ground Beef
- 4 slices fresh Mozzarella
- 2 large Tomatoes, sliced
- Basil leaves
- 4 Buns
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 lb. Yukon Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
Do not skip out on the balsamic reduction! Many stores sell a balsamic reduction that is ready to go if you’d like to skip the step of doing it yourself.
- Add the vinegar and sugar to a pan, simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly syrupy, set aside to cool completely.
- Soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes and preheat a grill to 450˚ F.
- Toss the potatoes in the oil and salt, set on the grill and cook on indirect heat until done, around 25 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, Divide the meat into 4 equal portions and press into a patty shape.
- Set the burgers on the planks and cook on the hot side of the grill for 15 minutes, or until cooked through to desired doneness.
- Let the burgers rest for a few minutes before adding to the buns along with the mozzarella, tomato, balsamic reduction, and plenty of basil. Serve with the grilled potatoes.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.