Try this delicious cedar planked Camembert at your next party. It is a great appetizer. Cheese is exceptional at taking on the flavors of smoke. Cedar is delicious, but try maple and cherry planks too! Keep a variety of crackers ready. Beware, this is extra tantalizing and will go fast.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 7×7″ Cedar Plank
- 1 round of Camembert
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate seeds
- 3 sprigs fresh Thyme
It is really important to keep
the rind of the cheese fully in
tact (no sneaking a slice before grilling).
The rind encases the cheese and
protects it from melting all over your grill!
- Soak Cedar Plank in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven or grill to 400°F.
- Set Camembert on plank, garnish with pomegranate and thyme. Place loaded plank on grill and close lid.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Remove from grill when cheese is lightly browned and bubbling.
- Serve with crackers or bread. Enjoy!