Grilling planks are not just for proteins. Some of our favorite planking recipes are with vegetables – including this Cedar planked garlic broccolini recipe. This makes a healthy, flavorful side dish – and did we mention it has garlic?
Servings: 4 as a side dish
- 5 x 11” Cedar Plank
- 1 lb. Broccolini, washed and trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 5 Cloves Garlic, whole
- ¼ cup of Parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
Broccolini is a cross
between broccoli and
a Chinese kale. You do
not need to peel the stems.
- Soak Cedar plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Toss Broccolini in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place loaded plank on grill and close the lid.
- Grill planked Broccolini until cooked to desired tenderness.
- Have spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Remove from grill, sprinkle with Parmesan.