When the weather is warm, we try to spend as much time outside as possible – even better if it’s around the grill. Anything that can be grilled, will be grilled. Using planks takes things up a few notches. Delicate foods like fruit and vegetables are able to be on the grill without coming in direct contact with flames. That’s one of the reasons these Cedar planked peaches work so well. Smoky, savory flavor combines with sweet notes from the peach and the cold ice cream adds a beautiful contrast to the warm peaches.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 5×11″ Cedar plank
- 3 Peaches
- Brown Sugar
- Optional: Vanilla Ice Cream
These planked peaches
are also great for
salads or as a side dish.
- Soak Cedar Plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven or grill to 350°F.
- Halve peaches and remove core. Chop thyme.
- Place peaches on soaked plank and top with thyme, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Grill with the lid closed for 10 to 13 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!