Instead of a sauce we used a tasty dry rub here to reduce mess and make grilling this large quantity easier. This is a great recipe for a crowd – if you’re looking to make a smaller batch try our Cherry Planked Dry Rub Chicken Wings or Cedar Planked Chicken Wings with a traditional buffalo wing sauce.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 7 – 5 x 11” Cedar Planks
- 10 lbs. Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Granulated Garlic
- 1/3 cup Lemon Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Dry Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Dry Parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Dry Oregano
Marinating these wings overnight will allow more of the dry rub flavor to come through.
- Soak the planks in warm water for 15 minutes and preheat the grill to 500°F.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and add to the wings, marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Set the wings on the planks, place on the grill and close the lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until done.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.