This recipe is full of flavor! The Cherry planked chicken wings are prepared with a chili dry rub (you can adjust how spicy it is, depending on your preference) and then infused with a sweet, smoky flavor from the plank. Afterwards, serve with some fresh herbs and squirt with fresh lime juice. Whether it’s for your next Super Bowl party or a weeknight dinner, these wings are a must-try for any grillmaster.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Wildwood Grilling 5×11″ Cherry Plank
- 1 lb. Chicken Wings
- 1/4 tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 4 Lime Wedges
You can use wings or thighs
for this recipe. BBQ Sauce or
Blue Cheese Dressing make
nice dipping sauces for this recipe
although it stands well on its own.
- Soak Cherry plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill or oven to 400°F.
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Rinse and then dip the chicken wings into the dry ingredient rub. Make sure to do both sides and brush rub onto areas that did not make contact with the mixture.
- Place on wet Cherry plank and put into grill or oven. Close lid.
- Grill planked chicken roughly 12-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and the skin is crispy.
- Serve planked chicken with lime wedges.
Chicken wings are the perfect planking item because they tend to dry out quickly on the grill. With the plank, they stay moist and succulent.
You might also like this Cedar Planked Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe.