Cedar wraps are a great way to jazz up a simple meal. This recipe includes some seasoning and just 3 ingredients. Couldn’t be easier!
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Cedar Grilling Wraps
- 4 6-8 oz Salmon Filets, skin and bones removed
- 2 Shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12-15 stalks of Asparagus
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
Cedar wraps are essentially a way to aromatically steam your food. This can be done without the addition of oil if you like. The cedar wrap delivers equal amounts of flavor on the grill, in the oven, or in a steamer.
- Preheat a grill or oven to 400°F, you can also set up a steamer. Soak two cedar wraps in warm water for at least 1 minute.
- Toss the asparagus in a little oil and place equal amounts on each wrap.
- Place a piece of salmon on top of the asparagus and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss the shallots in a little oil and place an equal amount on each piece of fish.
- Fold the sides of the wraps up and over the ingredients to form a package, secure with twine.
- Place the packages on the grill, in the oven, or in a steamer and cook for 8 -12 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to at least 125°F.
- Remove the twine, open the packages and serve immediately.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.