A delicious way to mix up your taco game.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Maple Grilling Planks
- 4 boneless Chicken Thighs
- 8 corn Tortillas
For the Marinade
- 2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh Ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Black Pepper
For the Slaw
- 1 cup, fresh Pineapple, sliced into sticks
- 1 fresh Mango, sliced into sticks (slightly unripe if possible)
- ½ cup fresh Papaya, sliced into sticks
- Any other available tropical fruits, sliced into sticks
- 2 Green Onion, diced
- 1 cup Napa Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 Lime, juice and zest
Don’t be shy with all your favorite taco toppings here!
- Stir together the marinade ingredients in a bowl and toss the chicken into it. Mix well and allow to sit for at least ½ an hour, up to overnight.
- Preheat a grill to 400˚ F and soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Prepare the slaw by combining all the ingredients, mix well, taste for seasoning, and set aside.
- Place the chicken on the planks and set on the grill. Reserve any left over marinade to baste the chicken after the first 10 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked, about 15-20 minutes, remove from the grill and set aside to rest before slicing. It will be sticky and golden
- Briefly heat the tortillas on the grill before filling with chicken and the slaw, serve immediately.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.