With lamb being more expensive than beef or pork, many grillers are intimated to grill it, for fear of doing it wrong. But using the Hickory plank, not only does it add delicious flavor, it also protects the meat from direct flame. We decided to prepare the lamb with a Greek salad for an easy, but extraordinary meal.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 5 x 11” Hickory Plank
- 6 Lamb Chops
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ Cucumber, sliced
- ¼ Red Onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Kalamata Olives, sliced in half
- ¼ cup Feta Cheese crumbles
- Lemon Vinaigrette
Lamb pairs nicely with
hickory smoke, which is
savory, bold and distinctive.
- Soak Hickory Plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Place the lamb chops on the plank. Alternate the rib bones so they fit.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place loaded plank on the pre-heated grill and cook with the lid closed, about 12 minutes.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Make the Greek Salad by tossing remaining ingredients together.
- Remove the lamb chops from the grill and serve with Greek Salad.