Oktoberfest is right around the corner, and what better time of year than now to share our planked Bratwurst recipe. I have oftentimes planked brats on Cedar or Hickory, without adding anything else – and the results are delicious! But for such a special occasion, we decided to get a little more creative with our German-inspired recipe.
Baste the bratwurst with
sauce after it has been
on the grill for
- Soak the Hickory plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven or grill to 400°F.
- Mix honey, mustard and beer in small bowl.
- Place sliced onions and sauerkraut on soaked plank. Top with brats.
- Baste bratwurst with honey-mustard-beer sauce.
- Add plank to preheated grill and close lid. Do not leave grill unattended.
- Grill for 15-20 minutes, or until bratwurst is done.
- When done, remove from grill and serve on bun, with extra sauerkraut and mustard.