The combination of hickory smoke with sweet and tang of the glaze work wonders on some thick cut pork chops.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 Hickory Grilling Planks
- 6 oz. IPA or Beer of choice
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 4 thick cut bone-in Pork Chops
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
We like IPAs but any beer style will add its own characteristics to this recipe.
- Preheat the grill or oven to 400°F and soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the beer to a sauce pan and reduce by half.
- Add the vinegar and sugar, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes until syrupy, set aside to cool. This can be done in advance.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops and place on the planks. Brush the pork liberally with the syrup, reserving a little for later.
- Set the planks on the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. Add more glaze for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.