Lemon, parsley, and cherry wood smoke are the perfect complements for nice juicy chicken thighs on the grill. We prepared these with grilled baby bell peppers and a grain salad for the most satisfying outdoor dinner.
Total Time: 30 min
Servings: 2 adults
- 1 5″x11″ Cherry Grilling Plank
- 4 ea Chicken Thighs, boneless & skinless
- 1 ea Lemon
- 1/2 bunch fresh Parsley
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
Feel free to experiment with different fresh herbs and extra garlic cloves to create your own spin on this simple marinade.
- Pre-heat grill to 400°F.
- Soak grilling plank for 15-30 minutes.
- While plank is soaking, prepare marinade.
- Juice half the lemon, thinly slice the other half and set aside.
- Roughly chop parsley and toss into a medium sized bowl.
- Mince garlic cloves (Choose your own adventure here. We used 3 good sized cloves, but use what feels right for you in the moment.)
- Whisk together parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, the juice from half the lemon, and a few good glugs of olive oil.
- Toss your chicken in the marinade and let sit for 5 minutes up to a few hours.
- Arrange chicken thighs on soaked plank, lay lemon slices on top of thighs.
- Place loaded plank on grill, close lid, cook until chicken reaches internal temp of 165°F – about 20 minutes.
- Serve with grilled veggies, Enjoy!
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.