This seasonal, light, and refreshing dish is elevated with the distinct flavor of cherry wood that compliments the fruit nicely.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Cherry Grilling plank
- 2 large Nectarines
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 4 oz soft Goat Cheese
- ½ cup Roasted Almonds
- 3 Baby Bell Peppers, sliced
- 1 lb Baby Lettuce Greens
- Salad dressing of choice
Buy slightly under ripe fruit that can be quartered easily and stand up to heat of the grill.
- Soak the plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes and preheat the grill or oven to 400°F.
- Score around the pit of each nectarine and twist to make two halves, remove the pit.
- Toss the nectarine quarters in the brown sugar and set them on the plank.
- Place the plank on the grill or in the oven, close the lid or door, cook for 15 minutes or until fruit is soft and fragrant.
- While the nectarines cook, add the lettuce to a mixing bowl and dress lightly.
- Crumble the goat cheese and toss with the lettuce, garnish with almonds, bell peppers, and smoked nectarines.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.