Lamb is so juicy and flavorful, when done right, it’s heavenly. To help keep the meat moist and juicy, and to add delicious smoke flavor, we made these burgers on Red Oak. It has a delicious nutty smoke flavor that pairs especially well with lamb.
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 Red Oak Planks
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground lamb
- 1 Tbsp. Rosemary, chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 6 Burger Buns
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Pinch each Salt & Pepper
This recipe works great with any kind of wild game, if available, give it a try.
- Soak the Red Oak planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes
- Preheat oven or grill to 400°F
- Combine lamb, rosemary, red pepper, salt and pepper. Form into six 4 oz patties and brush with olive oil
- Place patties on planks and grill for 10-15 minutes or until done
- Briefly toast the buns
- Serve with your favorite condiments (we like adding a fresh herb mayonnaise and cherry tomatoes)
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy, in case of flare-ups.