We’ve all been there… we decided to make a healthy meal. We spent hours researching, buying all the right ingredients, prepping, and cooking. Only for it to taste like a stale piece of cardboard.
We decided to try Cedar planked kale chips as a healthy, savory snack and it was a huge success! The smoky flavor from the Cedar plank is the perfect seasoning to go with the simple ingredients. This recipe is full of flavor, easy to make, and healthy too!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 (as a snack)
- 1 Wildwood Grilling 5×11″ Cedar Plank
- 1 Bunch of Kale
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
Serve with a side
of sriracha or your
favorite dipping sauce!
- Soak the Cedar plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven or grill to 350°F.
- Wash the kale and cut it into 1 inch long pieces.
- Toss the kale in olive oil and seasonings. Place on plank.
- Place plank on preheated grill and close lid. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until desired crispness.
- When done, remove from grill and serve with sriracha dipping sauce.