This recipe was contributed by our Order Desk Queen, Joleen! Her family is vegetarian and she loves looking for creative ways to use grilling planks to elevate their day to day meals. When she submitted this recipe, Joleen said, “To be honest I liked the mix so much I kept eating it before I even got it to the grill!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Alder Grilling Plank
- 1 16 oz. package Firm Tofu
- 3-4 large sheets Nori Seaweed
- 1 cup Rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
These are great on top of a salad or a bowl of noodles with a sweet chili dressing and some crunchy cabbage.
- Preheat oven or grill to 400˚F, soak planks in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Drain tofu and press off any remaining moisture.
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until it starts to come together without getting too wet.
- Form flat patties and place them on soaked alder planks.
- Grill for about 20 minutes or until desired doneness is reached.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.