Stuffed bell peppers are a wonderful side dish that can be surprisingly filling. These are packed with protein, both from the quinoa and the beans. The Hickory plank infuses the pepper with a delicious smoky flavor.
Servings: 6 (as a side dish)
- 2 of our 5 x 11″ Hickory Planks
- 3 Bell Peppers, halved vertically
- 1 cup Quinoa, cooked
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 2 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh Corn
- 1 cup canned Black Beans, drained
- Topping (optional)
The filling can be
made up to 1 day
ahead of time. Keep
ready to use.
- Soak hickory plank in water for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Place sliced peppers on plank and brush peppers with olive oil.
- Gently mix all other ingredients together in a bowl, then stuff peppers.
- Place loaded plank on grill and shut the lid.
- Have spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Remove from grill when top is browned.
- Serve and enjoy!