Smoked Mexican corn is easy to prepare with just a few simple ingredients. For this recipe, we decided to add even more delicious smoke flavor by cooking the corn inside of an Alder grilling wrap. Alder wood has a delicate, earth smoke flavor that pairs especially well with vegetables.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 (or 8 corn lollipops)
- 4 Alder Grilling Wraps
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Feta or Cotija Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Lime
- Salt & Pepper
- Soak the Alder Wraps in water for 5 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, feta (or cotija) cheese, salt and pepper and juice from half of the lime. Brush on shucked corn.
- Place seasoned corn on Alder wraps, parallel to the grain of the wood, and secure with natural twine.
- Add wrapped food to grill and close the grill lid, cooking for 15 minutes (or until corn is soft).
- When done, remove from grill and serve with more crumbled feta cheese, cilantro and lime juice.