There’s something special about wood-fired pizza. It’s flavorful and who doesn’t love using a wood-fired pizza oven? For this recipe, we decided to add some Northwest Blend smoking chips (which are made up of Maple, Cherry and Alder chips) for extra smoky flavor.
To protect the dough from
the direct flames, cook
pizza on a Cedar grilling plank.
Bonus: You get extra smoky flavor!
- Soak the smoking chips in warm water for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat wood-fired pizza oven (or grill) to 400°F.
- Rub plank with olive oil (to prevent the dough from sticking). Spread out dough on plank.
- Add your favorite toppings, as desired.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until food is cooked.
- When done, remove from grill and serve immediately.