When you’re having a Game Day party, the same old chips and dip just won’t do it anymore. It’s time to revive your appetizer game with something special. This recipe for Cedar Planked Buffalo Chicken Bites is truly a game changer. Spicy and smoky, it’s the perfect flavor combination while keeping the ingredients and prep work simple.
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Servings: 14 Bites
- 7x15″ Wildwood Grilling Cedar Plank
- 7 Chicken Thighs, boneless
- 7 oz. Mozzarella Cheese, cut into 14 pieces
- 7 Slices of Bacon
- 1½ Tbsp. BBQ Seasoning
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¾ cup Cayenne Hot Sauce
Serve the chicken bites
directly on the Cedar plank!
- Soak the Cedar plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to 400°F.
- Cut each boneless chicken thigh in half lengthwise. Fold around a piece of mozzarella
cheese, then wrap half a bacon slice around each chicken bite.
- Place the chicken bites on the cedar plank leaving at least ½” of space between each one. Then sprinkle BBQ
seasoning on top.
- Place the Cedar plank on the indirect section of your preheated grill and cook for 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Keep a spray bottle of water handy, in case of flare-ups.
- In a preheated skillet or saucepan, mix the butter and cayenne hot sauce together and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Brush the chicken bites with the buffalo sauce about 10 minutes before they are ready to come out of the grill.
- Serve and enjoy!
Here’s a quick video that shows you the recipe in less than one minute!