Cedar Planked Salmon is a classic here in the Pacific Northwest. The fragrant flavor of the Cedar pairs perfectly with the delicate salmon. That’s why we tried to keep this recipe pretty simple – no fancy ingredients needed. All it takes is a Cedar grilling plank and 4 easy ingredients!
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 5 x 11″ Cedar Plank
- 1 (2-pounds) Salmon Fillet, with skin
- 2 Tbs. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs. each Salt & Pepper
Good to Know
Cedar and salmon are the
classic grilling plank
combination here in the
- Soak Cedar Plank in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Place salmon on plank, skin side down; sprinkle with brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Grill with the lid closed for 12-15 minutes.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Remove from grill and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.