We’ve already shared the classic Cedar planked salmon recipe with you. So we thought we would put a twist on this Pacific Northwest favorite with a maple, orange and wasabi glaze. Serve it with grilled green onions, or vegetable of your choice.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 5 x 11” Cedar Plank
- 4 (6 ounce) Salmon Fillets
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 2 Oranges – juice 1 orange, slice other orange into wedges
- 1 Tbsp. Wasabi Powder
- 1 Bunch Green Onions, 2 thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Black Sesame Seeds
Cedar and Alder are classics
for planking. Alder is less
overpowering but still
creates a delicious smoky flavor.
- Soak Cedar plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Mix maple syrup, orange juice and wasabi powder in a small saucepan; cook over medium low heat to reduce until it is starting to become thick, about 8 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Place salmon fillets on plank, brush with glaze then sprinkle with sliced green onion and sesame seeds.
- Brush remaining whole green onions with glaze.
- Grill planked salmon and green onions until cooked. The green onions will cook faster than the salmon.
- Serve planked salmon and green onions with orange wedges.